Residents in Uxbridge are being invited give their views on the future of RAF Uxbridge following the publication of a series of proposals for the site.
Last year Hillingdon council asked residents for ideas about the future use of the site and, based on this feedback, have produced a supplementary planning document which provides more details about proposals for the site, including:
- Town Centre extension: Theatre/music venue, cafes and restaurants, shops and offices, improved links with Uxbridge High Street
- Southern quarter: Mix of housing, local shops, local community facility
- Open space quarter: Maintain existing listed buildings, reuse Hillingdon House for a hotel or housing, retain open spaces for recreation and access along river
- Northern quarter: Housing, primary school, public access along the River Pinn and other areas, enhance the river corridor
The full proposals can be viewed online at www.hillingdon.gov.uk/planning, at any of the borough’s libraries or by visiting planning reception at the Civic Centre.
The council are also holing a series of public exhibitions to give people the opportunity to talk to council staff about the development. These will be held at the Civic Centre on:
- Wednesday 17 September: 3pm to 7pm
- Thursday 18 September: 4.30pm to 7.30pm
- Saturday 20 September: 10am to 1pm