The London Assembly has today appointed the Chairs and Deputy Chairs of its Committees for the next 12 months.
At the Assembly’s annual meeting, members were charged with continuing to scrutinise the Mayor and investigate issues of importance to the capital.
The following appointments were made:
- Audit Panel – Peter Hulme Cross (Chair)
- Budget Committee – Sally Hamwee (Chair), Andrew Pelling (Deputy Chair)
- Business Management & Appointments Committee – Sally Hamwee (Chair), Brian Coleman (Deputy Chair)
- Economic Development, Culture, Sport and Tourism Committee – Dee Doocey (Chair), Bob Blackman (Deputy Chair)
- Environment Committee – Darren Johnson (Chair), Murad Qureshi (Deputy Chair)
- Health & Public Services Committee – Joanne McCartney (Chair), Elizabeth Howlett (Deputy Chair)
- London Resilience Committee – Richard Barnes (Chair), Sally Hamwee (Deputy Chair)
- Planning & Spatial Development Committee – Tony Arbour (Chair), Valerie Shawcross (Deputy Chair)
- Transport Committee – Geoff Pope (Chair), Roger Evans (Deputy Chair)
The Chair and Deputy Chair of the Standards Committee will be decided at the committee’s next meeting.
The Business Management and Appointments Committee will decide the deputy chair of the Audit Panel.