Key figures from the energy industry and local and national government will be appear before the London Assembly tomorrow as Assembly Members explore the challenge of eradicating fuel poverty in the capital.
Tomorrow’s meeting is the second in an investigation by the Assembly’s Health and Public Services Committee into the role suppliers and the Mayor can play in tackling the issue.
The Committee will ask guests about the effectiveness of current national and regional schemes to tackle the issue and the role of the Mayor.
AMs will also look at future Government proposals on fuel poverty to assess their potential to reduce the problem in London.
The following guests will attend the meeting:
- Valentine Mulholland, EDF Energy
- Chris Ronketti, Head of Energy Solutions London & South East, British Gas
- Jim O’Sullivan, Director, London Warm Zones
- Cllr Catherine West, Chair of Transport and Environment Committee, London Councils
- Pam Wynne, DECC
- Beth Chaudhary, DECC
- Leah Davis, Environment Programme Officer, Greater London Authority
- Stephen Tate, Assistant Director of Transport and Environment, Greater London Authority
The meeting will take place on Tuesday, 13 September from 3pm in Committee Room 5 at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).