Dartford Bus Garage in Kent is opening its doors to members of the public next month for a day of rides and activities.
The event is the last in a series of garage open days across London and surrounding areas in celebration of the Year of the Bus.
The open days are part of celebrations to mark the Year of the Bus which marks the 60th anniversary of the original Routemaster and the 75th anniversary of its predecessor, the RT-Type.
Visitors to Dartford garage, which is operated by Arriva, will be able to:
- Take a 15-minute round trip on a heritage bus from Dartford Bus Garage via Dartford Bus Station and the Market Street stop. There will be departures every 15-20 minutes between 10:00 and 16:00;
- View up to 30 buses including heritage models and Arriva’s new Sapphire bus;
- View the Year of the Bus mobile exhibition which tells the story of the London Bus and looks to its future;
- Take a ride through the bus wash;
- Jump up and down on the ‘bouncy bus’;
- Get up close and personal with objects from the London Transport Museum collection and find out more about the stories behind them with the handling collection;
- Pick up your free bus-themed family activity sheets;
- Browse the London Transport Museum pop-up shop selling exclusive Year of the Bus gifts, and stalls selling merchandise and bus-related memorabilia.
EVENT: DARTFORD BUS GARAGE OPEN DAY
DATE: SUNDAY 7 SEPTEMBER 2014
LOCATION: DARTFORD BUS GARAGE, CENTRAL ROAD, DARTFORD DA1 5BG
FREE ADMISSION – ALL ACTIVITIES ARE UNDER COVER