The London Assembly’s transport committee will tomorrow (Wednesday, 26th May) question London Underground MD Mike Brown about Transport for London’s plans to take control of Tube Lines and its PPP contracts to upgrade the Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly lines.
Assembly Members will also discuss the delivery of improvements to the capital’s orbital rail network with representatives from TfL and passenger groups. Appearing before the committee will be:
– Ian Brown, Managing Director of London Rail, TfL
– Geoff Hobbs, Head of Strategy, London Rail, TfL
– Tim Bellenger, Director Research and Development, London TravelWatch
– Peter Staveley, Secretary, North Orbital Rail Partnership (NORP)
– Richard Pout, Secretary, Barking-Gospel Oak Line Users Group
– John Stewart of Save the South London Line Group
– Mark Balaam, Chair, West London Line Group.
The meeting, which takes place from 10am in the Chamber at City Hall, is open to the public and can also be viewed via webcast at http://www.london.gov.uk/who-runs-london/the-london-assembly/webcasts